Crop Genome Engineering Gets Boost From Yinong Yang
Posted: November 11, 2015
Dr. Yinong Yang, Associate Professor in Penn State's Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, traveled across the country and around the world September 11-October 9, 2015, to present multiple talks and seminars on crop genome engineering.
- Seminars at the University of Nevada's School of Life Sciences in Las Vegas, NV, on September 11;
- A plenary talk titled "Improving CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Editing Technology for Crop Functional Genomics and Precision Breeding" at the 3rd Plant Genome Congress USA in St. Louis, MO, on September 14-15;
- A keynote speech titled "Genome Engineering and Precision Breeding with CRISPR/Cas9" at the International Workshop on Green Biotechnology in Istanbul, Turkey, on September 21-23 (Photos);
- Seminar on crop genome editing at the United States Department of Agriculture-Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA-APHIS) Biotechnology Regulatory Services in Riverdale, MD, on October 7;
- Seminar on crop genome editing at the University of Maryland's Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture in College Park, MD, on October 8;
- Seminar on crop genome editing at the University of Delaware's Department of Plant and Soil Sciences in Newark, DE, on October 9.