Resources for Current Students
- Information for graduate assistants- Grad School
- Hotlines - Compliance and Ethics Hotline, University and Community Resources.
- Employment Verification - Official verification of Penn State employment for banks, property managers, employers, embassies… per the University Retention Schedule and Human Resources, this information is only available for 3 years past termination of employment. Contact Human Resources to request verification letter at 814-865-1414 or fax written authorization documents to 814-865-7145.
- Letter of Certification - Candidates for graduation during a particular semester may request an official letter that verifies their status with respect to meeting degree requirements and their expected graduation date. Potential employers, licensure boards, embassies and other agencies may require this type of verification, including petitions for H-1B visas. The Graduate School is the qualified, official institutional entity authorized to provide verification/certification that all degree requirements have been met for graduate students prior to degree conferral (subsequent to degree conferral, the University Registrar is the appropriate, authorized entity). Letters signed by a representative of the Registrar's Office, faculty or college deans attesting that degree requirements have been met for graduate students are NOT official or appropriate for verification purposes.
Letters of Certification available from the Graduate School:
- Completion of all Degree Requirements Letter
- Final Oral Examination Passed Verification Letter (Doctoral Students Only)
- Comprehensive Examination Passed Verification Letter (Doctoral Students Only)
- Academic Verification Request - Verifications may be used to confirm enrollment to insurers and lenders and to confirm degree(s) to employers. Academic verification reports include all completed or in-progress degree programs at Penn State. Other academic program notations — including those of minors, options, certificates, and noncredit programs — are recorded on your official academic transcript.
Information on an Academic Verification Request:
- Address (local, permanent residence, and eMail)
- Telephone number
- Class level (semester, class, or level: first-year, sophomore, junior, etc.)
- Student activities
- Weight/height (athletic teams)
- Date(s) of attendance
- Enrollment status (full-time, part-time, or not enrolled)
- Date of graduation
- Degrees and awards received and where received
- Most recent educational institution attended